McDonald's for Life Appstakes
No purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize. A purchase will not improve chances of winning. See Rule 3.B. below for details on how to enter without making a purchase and link to entry form. A valid email address is required to participate. You must be opted in to the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program to receive an automatic entry with purchase using the McDonald's App.
Each potential winner (and any minor winner's parent or legal guardian for themselves and on behalf of the minor) may be required to participate in the Prize (defined in Rule 6 below) fulfillment process and sign documentation, such as a release, as more fully detailed below, as a condition of being awarded a Prize.
By participating, you (and any minor participant's parent or legal guardian for themselves and on behalf of the minor) agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Sponsor (defined below) from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies. As more fully detailed below, you agree that all disputes associated with this Appstakes will be decided by binding arbitration (found in Rule 12).
1. Appstakes Description.
McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Sponsor”) is celebrating December and providing eligible participants with an opportunity to win McDonald’s food for life in the McDonald’s for Life Appstakes (“Appstakes” or “Sweepstakes”). When an eligible customer who is opted in to the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program uses the McDonald’s App in connection with any purchase during the Entry Period (defined below) as explained in Rule 3.A. at any participating McDonald’s restaurant, they will receive one entry in the Appstakes (each, an “Entry”). Refer to Rule 3.A. for additional details. Participants can also enter without making a purchase via the alternate method of Entry (“AMOE”). Refer to Rule 3.B. for AMOE details.
The overall Entry Period for this Appstakes begins on December 5, 2022, at 12:00:00 a.m. local time (“LT”) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. LT on December 25, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). The Entry Period is comprised of three separate “Weekly Entry Periods” as follows: Week 1 begins at 12:00:00 a.m. LT on December 5, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. LT on December 11, 2022; Week 2 begins at 12:00:00 a.m. LT on December 12, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. LT on December 18, 2022; Week 3 begins at 12:00:00 a.m. LT on December 19, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. LT on December 25, 2022. The database clock for the servers operating the McDonald’s App and the AMOE entry form website will be the official timekeeping devices for the Appstakes. Except as otherwise specifically stated in these Official Rules, all times mentioned in these Official Rules are local time. A day is the 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending that same day at 11:59:59 p.m. (a “Day”). AMOE entry period is in Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end on December 26, 2022, at 5:59 a.m. ET. Any AMOE entry received between 12:00:00 a.m. ET and 5:59:59 a.m. ET on December 26th will be counted as though it were received on December 25th and will be subject to the one-per-Day entry limit for December 25, 2022.
2. Who Is Eligible To Enter/Win.
The Appstakes is open only to individuals who are residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (the “Territory”) and who are 16 years of age or older on the Day of participation (each a “Participant”). (Any eligible individual who is 16 or older, but younger than the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, is referred to in these Official Rules as a “Minor”.) Any Minor should only use Mobile Order & Pay or enter the Appstakes with the permission of their parent/legal guardian
Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate in the Appstakes: any person who on or after June 1, 2022, was or is:
- (a) a McDonald’s restaurant franchise owner or a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of a McDonald’s franchise restaurant;
- (b) a director, officer, employee or agent of McDonald’s USA, LLC, its parent company or their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies;
- (c) a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of any entity engaged in the development, production or distribution of Appstakes materials or of any entities retained by Sponsor or its agencies to assist in any way with the administration or advertisement of the Appstakes or the development of the McDonald’s App or Mobile Order & Pay;
- (d) an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, foster, in-law, adoptive or step- parents, siblings, or children) of, or anyone who resides in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories.
An eligible individual who attempts to enter the Appstakes is hereafter referred to as a “Participant”. Each Participant, and their parent or legal guardian if the Participant is an eligible Minor, unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules. Void where prohibited
3. How To Enter The Appstakes.
There are two ways to enter the Appstakes during the Entry Period:
A. Receive One Entry When You Complete Any Of These Actions:
An eligible Participant who is opted in to the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program will automatically receive one Entry into the Appstakes when using the McDonald’s App in connection with any purchase from a participating McDonald’s restaurant. You can use your McDonald’s app in connection with a purchase by using Mobile Order & Pay (for pickup or McDelivery); by using the 4-digit code or scannable code generated by the McDonald’s App to earn loyalty points; by redeeming a deal or MyMcDonald’s Reward; or by paying using a linked card in your McDonald’s App using the 4-digit code or scannable code generated by the McDonald’s App.
There is a limit of one Entry per purchase/transaction. If by reason of any problem, whether mechanical, technical, due to human error or omission, or other means the order cannot be completed, no Entry will be recorded. Please refer to the instructions in Rule 3.B. below on how to enter without making a purchase and without being opted in to the MyMcDonald’s Rewards program.
B. Receive One Entry Without Making a Purchase (AMOE):
To receive one Entry without making a purchase, click on this AMOE link and you will then be directed to an AMOE form that you must complete by providing your first and last name and email address, confirming your email, phone number and date of birth and checking the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the Official Rules and that you are eligible to enter the Appstakes. When you submit the entry form and it is successfully received and recorded by the website servers, that will be the date and time of the submitted Entry. AMOE Entries are measured in Eastern Time, regardless of where in the Territory the Participant is located. AMOE Entries must be received no later than December 26, 2022, at 5:59:59 a.m. ET and are subject to the daily limit of one Entry per day. AMOE Entries received between 12:00:00 a.m. on December 25, 2022, and 5:59:59 a.m. on December 26, 2022, will all be treated as though they were received on December 25th for purposes of the daily entry limit.
There is a limit of one Entry per Participant per Day (regardless of Entry method and regardless of the number of transactions that a Participant completes using their McDonald’s App during any given Day). Any subsequent entry(ies) on the same day will be disqualified and any person submitting purported entries via the AMOE in excess of the above-stated limit may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Participants may not share an email address with any other participant for purposes of entering the Appstakes.
How to Get/Use the McDonald’s App: To enter the Appstakes using the McDonald’s App, you will need a Digital Device (defined below) and a valid email address. Eligible Participants must first download and install the McDonald’s App on their qualifying iOS or Android Device (e.g., an iPhone®, Android phone or iPod Touch®, Android Galaxy Tablet, etc.) (each a “Digital Device”) if they do not already have the current version of the McDonald’s App installed. Data rates may apply. The McDonald’s App is free, but only available in the App Store or Google Play (for iOS/Android). In the App Store, compatibility requires iOS 14.0 or later for iPhone®, and iPod Touch®. In Google Play, compatibility requires Android 11.0 or later. Use of the McDonald’s App is subject to the Terms & Conditions for the McDonald’s App, which can be found in the “Career, Contact & Legal” tab in the McDonald’s App menu.
Once you have downloaded the McDonald’s App, complete the registration process for the McDonald’s App, including providing a valid email address. You will need to enable “Location Services” and include your email address in your McDonald’s App settings in order to use Mobile Order & Pay.
4. Drawing/Odds of Winning.
One potential winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries for each of the three Weekly Entry Periods, in three separate random drawings on or about January 9, 2023, conducted by an independent organization selected by Sponsor. The odds of winning a prize (defined below) for a Weekly Entry Period will be determined by the number of eligible Entries received for that Weekly Entry Period. Entries from one Weekly Entry Period are not entered into any other Weekly Entry Period. Limit one Prize per Participant.
5. Winner Notification.
Sponsor or Sponsor’s redemption center (the “Redemption Center”) will notify the potential winners by email within approximately three business days after the random Prize drawing. Note that the potential winners will be notified via email and push message via the McDonald’s App if they have enabled notifications from the McDonald’s App. Agreeing to receive push messages from the McDonald’s App is not required, but please consider doing so, so Sponsor has more than one way to contact you if you are a winner.
The potential winner must respond within five business days of receipt of email in accordance with the notification instructions and provide the Redemption Center with all requested information, which may include, without limitation: Participant’s first and last name, street address, city, state, ZIP Code and phone number (and the same information for winner’s parent/legal guardian, if winner is a Minor).
Prize claim documents (“Prize Claim Documents”) will then be sent to the potential winner via mail. The Prize Claim Documents for the potential winner will also include an Affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance, request for information (including, as applicable, information about friends designated to receive a Prize) and publicity release (where permitted by law), a W9 form (for 1099 filing), and any other documentation reasonably requested by Sponsor, all of which the potential winner must complete and return within seven days of the date the Prize Claim Documents are sent to the potential winner.
All Prize Claim Forms received after the deadline shall be deemed void and the potential winner will be disqualified. Prize Claim Forms that are complete and duly submitted to the Redemption Center within the required period will be verified within approximately four weeks after the Prize Claim Forms are received or as soon thereafter as reasonably practical, and once verified, the winner (or their parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) will receive the Prize in approximately four weeks following verification.
If any potential Prize winner (or such Minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) cannot be reached after Sponsor or its representative has made a reasonable effort to contact them, declines a Prize for any reason, or fails or refuses to properly sign and return all Prize Claim Forms by the redemption deadline or if the Prize Claim Forms or any portion of a Prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, or if it is discovered that a potential winner made any false statement in any Prize Claim Form, or if the potential Prize winner is at any time found to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules (including, without limitation, by using multiple sets of contact information or any other method in an attempt to circumvent the above-stated Entry limitations), that a potential winner has registered for the Appstakes using more than one email address or Digital Device, or if the potential winner declines a prize, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize and all rights to the prize they otherwise might have received.
The Sponsor will attempt to award any such prize to an alternate winner but will not pursue more than three alternates for each prize. The submission of Prize Claim Forms is solely the responsibility of the potential winner or their parent/legal guardian if the potential winner is a Minor. Prize Claim Forms submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned; Sponsor shall not be responsible to correspond with Participants.
Three Prizes are available to be won, one for each Weekly Entry Period. Each winner, subject to verification, will receive McDonald’s food for Life (for the winner only), based on up to two meals per week for fifty (50) years (“Prize”), awarded as one of the following options, at winner’s discretion. Option A: a McGold Card with a value of $1,040 per year for fifty years, to be used at participating McDonald’s locations. Winner will also receive a check for $22,285^ to help offset taxes on the Prize, for a total value of $74,285. OR Option B: a McGold Card with a value of $1,040, a check for $50,960, and a check for $22,285 to help offset taxes on the Prize, for a total value of $74,285. Winner will also receive the right (subject to the condition below to designate friends) to give three equivalent Prizes (excluding the money provided to the winner to help offset taxes) to three friends (“Friend Prizes”), bringing the total value of the entire Prize to $297,140. The Prize option that the winner elects to receive will also be the option awarded to that winner’s selected friends (there is no mixing options) – excluding the money provided to the winner to help offset taxes. The Appstakes Entities (defined in Rule 8 below) make no representation or warranty that the amount included to help pay taxes will be sufficient to pay winner’s entire tax liability. A McGold card is a form of gift card redeemable only at participating McDonald’s. If a winner does not designate friends to receive the Friend Prizes and comply with all of Sponsor’s information and documentation requests associated therewith, those Friend Prizes will not be issued and the winner will not receive the Friend Prizes or the corresponding checks to help offset taxes. In addition, a winner cannot designate themselves as a friend in order to receive a Friend Prize and a person cannot receive more than one Friend Prize.
^Note: All money provided to help offset taxes on the Prize ($22,285 x 4 = $89,140) will be provided to the Prize winner only, who will receive a 1099 reporting the entire Prize value accepted by the Prize winner as income to the prize winner.
Total Number of Prizes: 3; Total value of all Prizes if all Friend Prizes are awarded: $891,420.
For the purposes of this Appstakes, a friend is defined as any individual person who is 16 years of age or older and resides in the United States.
7. Prize/Entry Conditions/Restrictions.
All details and other restrictions of prize not set forth in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner (and each friend who a verified winner directs should receive a Prize) may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and security requirements set by the Sponsor to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Appstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Appstakes or the Sponsor as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded and any difference will not be refunded. There is no substitution or cash equivalent for any prize, except that Sponsor in its sole discretion can substitute a prize for a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including if a prize is not available. All income and gift taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state and/or local income and gift taxes) on or connected with any prize (and the transfer thereof), and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of the winner. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Expenses not stated for any prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor and/or the Redemption Center shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Appstakes. Any person attempting to forge Prize Claim Forms or defraud Sponsor or any of the Appstakes Entities (defined below) in any way in connection with this Appstakes may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a Participant, the Participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address associated with the disputed Entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Otherwise, the Entry may be disqualified, and any potential prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. A registered account holder of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the applicable email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder.
8. General Release And Conditions Of Participation.
Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim Forms and are advised to obtain insurance where appropriate. Sponsor, the Redemption Center and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives and McDonald’s App developers, digital/advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (individually and collectively “Appstakes Entities”) are not responsible for:
- (a) incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, garbled, unintelligible, damaged, stolen, non-delivered or postage-due submissions of Prize Claim Forms or other Appstakes-related materials whether caused by Participants, wireless carriers, Internet Service Providers (“ISP”) or unauthorized human intervention;
- (b) any damage to a Participant’s or other person’s computer system or Digital Device which is caused or occasioned by accessing the McDonald’s App, participating in the Appstakes or claiming an Appstakes prize;
- (c) technical difficulties or failures of any kind including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, Digital Device or wireless carriers, websites or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Appstakes;
- (d) miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, dropped, interrupted, lost, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, Digital Device, email, mobile or cable transmissions or hardware, software, program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind including, but not limited to: malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in transmissions or connections, phone lines, network hardware or software, computers, equipment, programming errors, cable, satellite, cellular tower or ISP or wireless carriers;
- (e) any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in any Appstakes advertisement or other materials or any Prize Claim Forms;
- (f) any errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital, mobile or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention;
- (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the McDonald’s App or tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in the Appstakes, including, without limitation, Entries that are submitted by automated computer programs or other illegitimate means;
- (h) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture or loss of any information; or
- (i) communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, insufficient space in a Participant’s email or voicemail inbox.
Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void entries or participation from any IP address, Digital Device or other identifiable source if it detects any suspicious entry and/or participation.
Important: By participating in the Appstakes, each Participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold the Appstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Appstakes or any Appstakes-related activity or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. By participating in the Appstakes, each verified winner hereby agrees and grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to the use of their name, voice and likeness, along with their address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the world for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Appstakes and other promotions without further compensation (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Appstakes Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
9. Digital Device Requirements.
Using a Digital Device and/or operating system not supported by the McDonald’s App may prevent participation in the Appstakes via the McDonald’s App. Your Digital Device also must support the operating system that the McDonald’s App requires for your specific device. While all efforts are made to support current operating systems and Digital Devices based on the McDonald’s App System Requirements, new operating systems and/or Digital Devices may not be supported if brought to market after the development of this Appstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any browser or device supporting issues.
McDonald’s App System Requirements:
- AndroidTM 11.0
- iOS 14.0+ compatible with iPhone® and iPod Touch®
10. Disclaimer Of Warranties.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Appstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize in connection with the Appstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Appstakes Entities hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
A. Disqualification: It is the Participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that they have complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize forfeited. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third-party or other automated or robotic entries, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial Appstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Appstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Appstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Appstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
B. Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Appstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Appstakes or Appstakes materials in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the McDonald’s App, any Appstakes materials and/or Prize Claim Forms reflect printing, production or other errors, or if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Appstakes is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, malfunctions or errors (including, without limitation, viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper Entry, integrity and/or feasibility of the Appstakes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Appstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, acts of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Appstakes. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
C. Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. McDonald’s restaurant employees or franchisees are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
D. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Appstakes Entities in connection with the Appstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
E. Language Discrepancy: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the Spanish language version of these Official Rules or any Appstakes materials and/or Prize Claim Forms, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
F. Privacy: Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, Participants’ contact information collected by Sponsor in connection with the Appstakes will be used by Sponsor in accordance with the Sponsor's Privacy Statement.
12. Arbitration. By participating in this Appstakes, each Participant agrees that:
- (1) any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Appstakes Entities arising out of, relating to or connected in any way with the Appstakes, the awarding or redemption of the Prize, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS’s Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules and Procedures”);
- (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16;
- (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed to by the Participant and Sponsor;
- (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Appstakes;
- (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law;
- (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated;
- (7) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator; In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and
- (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another. For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the JAMS Website.
13. Official Rules.
These Official Rules will be available at McDonaldsforLifeSweeps.com/rules during the Entry Period.
14. Winners List.
For a list of Official Winners, visit McDonaldsforLifeSweeps.com/winners after the promotion is over until June 30, 2023. The list will be available when the Appstakes is officially over and the prizes have been verified and awarded.
McDonald’s USA, LLC, 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607-2101.